Monday, December 31, 2012

Just Sayin' Hello


Hi All!

Let me take it upon myself to welcome you to our little world. My baby sister and I have been talking about starting a blog for what seems like forever and at long last we’ve gone and done it.  She’s Cait, a feisty little blond who likes to get to the point, and I’m Britt, a chatty brunette who tends to over-think things a bit too much.  Though opposites in many ways, there are two things we both agree on... food and books.  So why not take the best of both worlds and smash them together, right?  After all, they really do go hand in hand… like peas and carrots, pen and ink, or, oh I don’t know, SISTERS! (Cait’s gonna kill me for that one)

So let’s talk Hunger Pains
Generally speaking, Cait is the cook and I'm more the eater.  I try my hand in the kitchen every now and then, but it’s just not quite the same.  I have 3 or 4 recipes I can pull off and manage to create something edible, whereas she is constantly creating yummy things in the kitchen and finding new recipes in books and on blogs that she takes and makes her own, fine-tuning them until they’re just right.  She'll be sharing lots of delicious treats and meal ideas on the Hunger Pains page.  

I, on the other hand, am the wordy sister (as you can tell by this post), which leads us to my page, The Reading Addiction...
Who doesn’t love a good book?  There’s nothing like finding that next great read to curl up with.  I love that feeling when you can’t put a book down because you have to read just oooone more chapter before you go to bed… and the next thing you know, it’s 3am!  Cait and I both love reading and writing, but I am without a doubt more long winded.  What can I say?  I love the flourish and flare of details and descriptive words, it keeps things interesting.  Cait and I are constantly discussing and recommending books, our own two person book club.  We’re excited to expand the conversation, sharing our newest book-loves with y’all and hearing your thoughts and latest obsessions as well. 

Our lives can be kind of crazy so we’ve also added the section Yeah, That Happened for some extra fun.  You’ll never believe the kooky situations us gals seem to wind up in, often with Mama Tina (our mom) in tow.  We’ve certainly laughed a lot, we’re hoping you will too!

So, without further ado, welcome to our lives!

Sincerely Yours,
Britt (and Cait too)

No comments:

Post a Comment